Thursday, July 9, 2009

Public manners...

Last evening, while I was stepping of out of a nearby supermarket, I saw a car with four foreigners. Two girls and two boys. After dropping the girls off, the car was about to start, I heard a noise and turned towards them. They were talking and laughing in a high pitch. So? Wait. Soon I saw one of the girls holding her sandal in her right hand and was trying to hit the boys with a loud laughter. Immediately she got everybody’s attention.

Embarrassed by the scene, I scanned through the people around the place. Almost everyone was either shocked or felt unease.

I could sense that they were having fun over something. Fine, it is good, but not to this level. Speaking aloud in public place like supermarket itself is considered as a bad manner in some culture. Nothing much to say about showing sandals. Showing sandals to anyone for that matter is an act of indecency. You are in a foreign land. You must behave well. Your actions speak for you, to some extent, for your culture and for your country too.

You don’t have to be Roman, be a human, please.

No comments:

Post a Comment